2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Visual Studio error (2003)

I have Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 installed and when I select Visual C#, I get the following error..."Project 'dotNETextn' could not be opened because the Microsoft Visual C# .NET compiler could not be created. Please re-install Visual Studio". Reinstalling the software did not resolve the problem.

I hope someone can help me with this error...Susan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Visual Studio error (2003)

<hr> when I select Visual C#, <hr>
    What do you mean by this? Are you creating a new project and selecting a Visual C# project type? What kind of project are you trying to create, a Windows application or something else? Did you install Visual C# with VS.Net (you can elect not to)?
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Charlotte: Sorry it took me so long to respond. I could not get the reply to work. Kept bouncing me to my profile.
    I reinstalled visual studio as administrator of the station to ensure I had all the rights I needed. It took 1 hour to install and I still get the error "project 'docNETTextn' could not be opened because the Microsoft Visual C# .NET compiler could not be created. Please reinstall Visual Studio". This error came up after the installation (which had no errors) when I went to create a new windows project selecting C#.
    Thanks..Susan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Did you do a *full* install of VS? Did you uninstall it first completely rather than reinstalling/repairing?
    Charlotte