2 Star Lounger

Matching Dates (Excel)

I am having troubles with a formula in a table which looks at a group of dates from march 1, 05 to Feb 1, 05

on one page Dates and Work, there is column A which is the date and in B and c is the date broken up in
    month col b,
    and day col. C,
    in col d is the data i want to move into a table on the wks sort by date if the columns that are split up match with the month and day listed in table in worksheet sort by date.

I have a if statement which I thought would work, bascially if value is true then pull from this cell but, it seem that no match can be made because of how i broke my dates up I think, Maybe someone has an idea which can help me.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Matching Dates (Excel)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by sdckapr on 10-Feb-06 22:58. added PS)</P>Try in Sort by month!B3:

=VLOOKUP(DATEVALUE('Sort by month'!$A3&" "&'Sort by month'!B$2&", "&'Sort by month'!$B$1),'Dates and Work'!$A$2:$D$854,4,0)

Copy B3 to B3 to AF15

Is this what you are after?

PS This will avoid all the NAs and use a zero instead (replace the red zero with whatever
    =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(DATEVALUE('Sort by month'!$A3&" "&'Sort by month'!B$2&", "&'Sort by month'!$B$1),'Dates and Work'!$A$2:$A$854,0)),<font color=red>0</font color=red>,VLOOKUP(DATEVALUE('Sort by month'!$A3&" "&'Sort by month'!B$2&", "&'Sort by month'!$B$1),'Dates and Work'!$A$2:$D$854,4,0))