2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Old vs New (2000 & 2003)

I just purchased a new computer (WinXP) and made sure it came with Publisher. I had a previous version (2000) which I used for publishing some family web pages. They have obviously changed Publisher a lot. I used to save "as a web page" and the pages (10-15) would save as "Index.html; Page2.html"; etc... I could not find this Save As in the new version so I used Publish WebPage and it dumped a lot of files into the folder. None of them were like the old names. I used my FTP program (WS-FTP) to send them up to the server (ISP). The names were totally different but I sent them anyway. Well....when I went to view the webpage, it was all scrambled. I went looking for my old copies of the files so I could put the webpage back in some order temporarily.
    The old publisher is on my old computer and I am taking it out of service so I will not have the old program.
    What am I doing wrong or is this another M$ bug ?
    Thanks,

Thanks

Re: Old vs New (2000 & 2003)

Are these NEW pages that you are creating or are these the old pages that you have transferred from the old computer? I assume you are using Publisher 2003 now?
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

These are old files (.html) that were made in Pub2k. Yes, I am using Pub2003 now.
    Thanks,

Thanks

If you still have the old files, try creating a new publication "from an existing publication" (this option is found in the Task Pane). If this doesn't work, try creating new Blank Web Pages and copy and paste from the old pages.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions