Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar needed for data entry

Hi,

I am consulting with a company during their reorganization. Their present server does not give them the ability to use Outlook to its fullest potential, such as shared folders, shared calendars, etc. and not all users have Outlook installed. They are presently tracking calendar items for various departments on paper calendars and needless to say this has led to many communication issues as no one is every up to date.

I'm looking for a calendar program than can be run from a server drive that everyone has access to. It would need to allow data entry to show who is off etc. I can create them something in excel or word but would rather save the time if there is something out there.

Thanks,
    Leesha

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar needed for data entry

> Their present server does not give them the ability to use Outlook to its fullest potential

In what sense?

> not all users have Outlook installed

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have Outlook installed for all users?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans!

Already went that route. According to their IT person, they will eventually be going to small business server but are presently using a mish mosh of stuff that their previous IT group build for them from a bunch of clones etc. Licensing issues have prevented all th users from having Outlook / Email. Even with that said, they don't have ability to have shared or public folders via outlook at this time.

I had thought about seeing what I could do for them in Access (aren't you glad I didn't go there first LOL) but decided to start here to see what is out there, if anything. It's just a bandaide till they go with SBS in about 1.5 years.

Leesha

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Since licensing is an issue, have you checked into open source calendars that can fill the void? I once used such a solution for a small business to solve a problem similar to what you describe.
    -Mark

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks!! I'll take a look.
    Leesha