hollang

Shared Printer Problem

Not sure whether this is a Windows or MSOffice problem. I have 2 PCs running Win98. PC-A has a HP6L laser printer attached and its print drivers are "shared" so that others PC on the network can print to it. On PC-B, if I print a multi-page Office 200 (SR1) document with page number fields in the footer from PC-A across the network through the shared printer defined on PC-B to the HP6L attached to PC-B, it prints out "Page 1 of 1", "Page 2 of 2" and "Page 3 of 3" rather than "Page 1 of 3", Page 2 of 3" and Page 3 of 3. If I take the same document over to PC-B and print directly there, it prints, no problems.

Any ideas anyone?

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks

Re: Shared Printer Problem

Sounds like the Word bug mentioned <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=wrd&Number=44066&page=& view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post44066>here</A>

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Have you tried removing, and then re-installing the printer? While you're at it this might be a good time to update the drivers anyway.
    -Mark

hollang

Thanks everybody. Leif's posting pegged it as a "known" bug in MSWord which I just hadn't encountered before. Thought I had applied the SR-1 patch, but his post made me check again and I remembered I had done a re-install with a re-patch. Thanks to all!