hollang

Shared Printer Problem

Not sure whether this is a Windows or MSOffice problem. I have 2 PCs running Win98. PC-A has a HP6L laser printer attached and its print drivers are "shared" so that others PC on the network can print to it. On PC-B, if I print a multi-page Office 200 (SR1) document with page number fields in the footer from PC-A across the network through the shared printer defined on PC-B to the HP6L attached to PC-B, it prints out "Page 1 of 1", "Page 2 of 2" and "Page 3 of 3" rather than "Page 1 of 3", Page 2 of 3" and Page 3 of 3. If I take the same document over to PC-B and print directly there, it prints, no problems.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Re: Shared Printer Problem

Sounds like the Word bug mentioned <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=wrd&Number=44066&page=& view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post44066>here</A>

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Have you tried removing, and then re-installing the printer? While you're at it this might be a good time to update the drivers anyway.
    -Mark

hollang

Thanks everybody. Leif's posting pegged it as a "known" bug in MSWord which I just hadn't encountered before. Thought I had applied the SR-1 patch, but his post made me check again and I remembered I had done a re-install with a re-patch. Thanks to all!