Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Corrupt? Document (2000/SP-3 & 2003)

I have a document that was created in Word 2000 and exhibits no problems in 2000. However when attempting to open in 2003, an alert is raised about possible corruption. Word 2003 is able to Open and Repair the document. I have trimmed the document down to its minimum content where the problem is still exhibited. and attached the file (Discussion 23.doc). The next message contains the same file trimmed a little more and Word 2003 has no problem opening the file. This problem file in its original form displayed identical results on several 2003 machines. I am curious as to what the problem is, and even more so as to why there is an apparent lack of backward compatibility.
    Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards
    Don

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Corrupt? Document (2000/SP-3 & 2003)

As stated in Post 557,134 the attached file (Discussion 24.doc) does not exhibit any problems in Word 2003.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards
    Don

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2003 does a much more thorough check for corruption when trying to open a document than previous versions, so it may display a warning for documents that are opened without setting off an alarm in older versions. The damage is usually in the invisible binary part of the document, so in general, there is no (easy) way to find out what exactly the problem was and where it occurred.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Hans.
    Regards
    Don