3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

file size (2003)

I have written a macro which successfully creates an accounts summary for saving and/or e-mailing.

The source workbook has many sheets from which it compiles data to create an individual project costing sheet. The source workbook is 46Mb in size. The data is accumulated in arrays and then pasted as values only into a project costing sheet within that book, which has no links to any other part of the source workbook.

When the project costing sheet is copied into another workbook for sending to others, the recipient book also appears to take on the size of the original workbook at 40+Mb even though it only has one sheet with no links in it. If I next use clear-all on the un-populated cells within the single sheet book it reduces in size to 40Kb.

I have tried using clear all on the data accumulator sheet within the source workbook. However this has no effect.

Can anyone please advise on how I can overcome this size expansion problem. Symantic constraints prevent me from attaching an example.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: file size (2003)

> The data is accumulated in arrays and then pasted as values only into a project costing sheet

Can you tell us a bit more about how this is done?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: file size (2003)

Hans

I have fixed this, I hope, by taking a copying only the active bits of the calculator source sheet into a new workbook and then replacing the original sheet with the one from the new workbook.

This has also reduced the calculation source workbook in size by over 10Mb's