New Lounger
    Thanks

Rpt-Size to "Fit"? (Access 2000)

I have a simple report that I want to present when the user clicks a button and enters some search parameters. It works just fine; however, when the report comes up in preview mode, it is at zoom level 100%. To get to subsequent pages, the user has to reach over to the mouse and click on the report to change the zoom level to "fit". From there, the user can use the page down and page up keys to navigate from page to page, etc.

Is there a way to have the report display in preview mode but change the zoom level to "fit" automatically? We are using Access 2000.

Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rpt-Size to "Fit"? (Access 2000)

I'm confused. The normal method of navigating through report pages is to use the page selector at the bottom. All page up and down will do on a report is move between parts of a single page. Are you sure you aren't talking about a form? In forms page up and page down move between records, although I recommend against allowing that method since it can unexpectedly *create* empty records or lead to confusing error messages.
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

I think you are confused. If a report is multiple pages, and the report is sized to fit in the current window, you can use the Page Up and Page Down keys to navigate within the report.

I found the answer on another board:

"Provided you are using the OpenReport method, you can the put this as the next line of code:

RunCommand acCmdFitToWindow
    "

Thanks for the feedback!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

All I can say is that it's never worked on any of my Access installations, and I tested it to make sure before I posted. However, I've never used that particular runcommand because it never seemed particularly useful to me, so I'm willing to believe it does what you say.

Just exactly what does the "current window" refer to? If it's the main Access window, then how is that different from maximizing the report? Or is it fitting it into the report's current window?
    Charlotte