Lounger
    Thanks

InputBox (Access 2000/ windows xp)

Hello,
    I have a question regarding the InputBox() Function. I would like to have a user click a command button and when this button is clicked it either 1) pops up a calendar that the user can select a "Start Date" for the query that is activated upon the command button click event. Or, 2) type in a "Start Date" for the query and then press ok on the InputBox popup. I know I can place a text box on the form and pass the textbox's text to the query field as a parameter but, this doesnt seem as professional, not that I am one. I just thought if I could use code and get the input from the user through an InputBox function I could then pass the InputBox result to the query parameter. Any responses will be very much appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: InputBox (Access 2000/ windows xp)

I'd say that a text box on a form is more professional than the InputBox function.
    You can also use a Calendar control on a form; see <post:=441,897>post 441,897</post:> for a demo of simulating a dropdown calendar.
    If you prefer a popup calendar, see <post:=254,241>post 254,241</post:>.

Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    Thanks for the quick response. I agree with you about the professionalism issue but alas, managment does not. So this is the method that our wonderful engineers proposed and managment bought it hook, line and sinker. So is the method I described to you unfeasable? If not I probally should at least try it. I am sorry to burden you with such *&%&^ but thats the way we operate around here. Again, any response is very much appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not sure I understand your original question. You can put a parameter directly in the Criteria line of the query, e.g. [Enter Start Date]. When the query, or a form or report based on the query is opened, an input box with caption "Enter Start Date" will be displayed.

Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    So sorry, I sometimes do not like the easy solutions and try to avoid them at all costs. Maybe next time I will sit down and actually think about a resolution before I bother you'll with stuff like this. Thanks again.