2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Default Value for Hyperlink Field (2003)

I have a table which feeds a query. On the table are three hyperlink fields, used to enter links to stored pictures. This database then feeds a FrontPage web page.

I enter the complete file path name in table. What I was would like to do, it to use another field (expression??) in the query to show a default record name for each of the three hyperlink fields. For instance, I have fields Pic1, Pic2, Pic3. I enter the file path to Pic1: http://mywebpage/images/For Sale/dohicky.jpg.....another link to Pic 2, and so on. There is the possibility of 50 or more records that each have 1-3 pictures linked to them. Simple enough so far. I can enter my Picture links on my web page, displaying the total http://mywebpage/images/For Sale/dohicky.jpg path, and clicking on it will open the picture.

However, I am trying to keep the web site as clean as possible, and instead of the long file path, would like to display just the title "Picture 1", "Picture 2", & "Picture 3". I have tried to develop a default value field in the underlying query - Picture 1: ([Pic1]) - But this still returns the full path to the picture. Is there a method of turning these full paths into a simple, short title, such as "Picture 1", etc. Then I could place those shortened titles onto my web page.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default Value for Hyperlink Field (2003)

If you right-click a hyperlink field and select Hyperlink | Edit Hyperlink... from the popup menu, you can specify a text to display. The field will show this text, while still linking to the full path specified in the address box. I have no idea, however, what FrontPage does with this.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Default Value for Hyperlink Field (2003)

Hans,

I made the change as you stated, and it carried the same information through to my query. It will be later this evening before I am able to work with the web page, but will let you know how it works out. I am assuming that it will carry the same information through to the web page. Thanks for your assistance.