3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Delegate Rights (Outlook 2000)

When a user is granted delegate rights to an INbox, is it possible for the delegate to see the complete Folder List of the person who set up there delegation? It seems to me that one should be able to get to the folder list in order to drag and drop messages to the appropriate folder. I thought if one was set up as a delegate and alos given permissions to access all folders, the folder list would appear. This doesn't appeara to be the case. Is it possible for a delegate to see the folder list of the person granting delegate permissions?

Thanks

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Delegate Rights (Outlook 2000)

If all the server folders are set with appropriate permissions, yes. A delegate can't see the folders in the delegators PST.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Delegate Rights (Outlook 2000)

It depends on how the delegate is opening the user's mailbox. If they are using the File > Open > Other User's Folder method to access the Inbox, they will only be able to access the Inbox. However, if they go to Tools > Services, select the Services tab, select Microsoft Exchange Server, then click the Properties button, and go to the Advanced tab, they should see a section entitled Open these additional mailboxes. Clicking the Add button will allow them to add mailboxes for users to which they have permissions. Once this is performed, the delegate should be able to see the entire user's mailbox.
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position or opinion of WCNOC.