3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

User Defined styles in TOC (2000 sp3)

We have a template with a table of contents and we have set levels for a number of our user defined styles. We use this template (which is not in the Office Template folder) in Excel automation code to create base documents from which we build a report. At the end of that process, the code updates the TOC.
    This has worked fine for many users but we have one for which it is not working. The template and automation code were developed in the USA, this user is in Belgium but other users in Europe have not had any problem. They tell us they have their language option set to English US and indeed, the buttons in Word are in English.
    The problem is this: When the code gets done creating the report the TOC has one line that says "Error! No table of contents entries found.", the same as if I inserted a TOC into a blank document. The cause appears to be that the TOC has somehow reverted to built in styles instead of our userdefined styles and there is no text in the document with those built in styles. We can't figure out how the TOC changed. When they email the document to us and we open it, it looks fine. Updating the TOC results in the TOC appearing correctly. Updating the TOC in Belgium has no effect.
    Any ideas?????

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: User Defined styles in TOC (2000 sp3)

Could you post a suitably censored version of the template (zip it, for you can't attach a .dot file directly)? That would enable Loungers with various regional settings to try it out.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: User Defined styles in TOC (2000 sp3)

Hans,
    Great idea and I will do it as soon as I can. I started but disaster struck in another area and I haven't been able to get my head above water yet. Hopefully I will be able to do this in a day or two.
    Thanks for your help, I'm sorry it took so long to respond.
    Thanks