Thread: Start up order

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Start up order

I'm using Windows 2000 SR-2 and I'm having problems with my firewall because of the order the starting programs start. These aren't the programs in the Start Up file accessed with the Start button, they're the programs that modify the registry, most noteably Norton Antivirus 2000. How can I find out where these instructions are stored and how can I change them?

Bruce Evans

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Start up order

After backing up your registry, look under both current user and local machine for software>microsoft>windows>CurrentVersionrun and runservices.

Hope this helps

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your advice. It let me find out, Norton Antivirus 2001 starts from the registry while my firewall starts from the Start Up funcion in the Start button. Now I just have to figure out how to get the firewall to start first.

Bruce

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

If you have concerns about start-up (or installing) apps that modify the Registry, try Registry Protector from <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.diamondcs.com.au/> here</A>. This pops up an alert box every time an attempt is made to change your settings. It may be of help in your case. Possibly.

Rgds