2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Missing record in a query (2000-SR1)

I have several nearly identical queries...and there is ONErecord that doesn't appear in ONE of those queries, but does in all of the other queries??? And...that just occurred in the past few days--I have a paper copy of a report based on that query that confirms that record was there several days ago. Any ideas why, or how to track it down or resolve it?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing record in a query (2000-SR1)

Would you like to give more details.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

There are two possibilities I can think of:

* The missing record does not satisfy the criteria of ONE of the queries, but does satisfy the criteria of all the others.
    * If the queries involve joining more than one table, then the default is that records only appear when there are matching records on both sides of the join. So if one of the queries joins an additional table, and one of the records does not have a matching record in that table, it will drop out of that query.

If things have changed in the past few days then either you have changed the queries in the past few days, or you have changed the data, or the query involves date related criteria.

Does the paper report provide enough information to identify the missing record?
    Regards
    John

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, John. I couldn't make any sense of it, so deleted that record and re-entered the data and it now show up in that query...some corruption somewhere, I guess?? But it is working again for now. Gives me a real sense of confidence...