3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Insufficient memory to save web page (6.0.2900.2180 SP2)

I am unable to save web pages from one site- error message "there is insufficient memory to save this web page". I have no problems saving any other web pages. The site in question is Science Magazine. Other online journals and web pages of all types with similar or greater amounts of image/text save readily.
    Running XP SP2 on a PC with 1GB RAM and Pentium 4 640 HT.
    Any suggestions?
    With thanks
    Dianne

Thanks

Re: Insufficient memory to save web page (6.0.2900

That error seems a bit random, in my limited experience (I've been using Firefox for a long time now...). Can you save for offline viewing (add the current page as a favorite, specifying offline viewing) and then save in offline mode? Can you print to PDF instead?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Insufficient memory to save web page (6.0.2900

Thanks for your suggestions. Saving as a favourite is tedious when many pages are to be saved, but I have used the pdf route to save these pages. Of course scientific articles can be downloaded as pdf, but general web pages from the site need an alternative method. And I will do the obvious and test the pages on Firefox-- didn't think of that option.
    Cheers
    Dianne
    Update: pages saved without a murmur by Firefox. Intrigued as to why IE can't manage to do so.