2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Existing Macro's (Excell, Office 2000)

We currently have about 80 or so forms with macro's. After a user fills the form in there's a macro
    that formats and prints out the form. This worked out great. However...
    I recently got a new laptop with XPand it seems that a now the network printer has a different address so the macro's stop (error) when it gets to the print routine. The macro's were originally saved in the workbook and not in a common workbook (is there one ?). So, here's the question:
    1) Is there a way to change/update the network printer address in the 80 forms globally ? Or does each have to be updated individually ?
    2) Waiving a "Magic Wand", what would have been a better way ?
    Thanks in advance for your time.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Existing Macro's (Excell, Office 2000)

Usually, printing a workbook will print to whatever the user has set as default printer. Is the printer specified explicitly in the macros? If so, why? And how?

Whether it would be useful to store the macros in one place or not depends very much on how specific they are. If the processing done by the macro is highly specific to the individual form, it is best to store the macro in the workbook itself. If all macros are basically the same, it would make sense to store them in one place, for example in an add-in.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes Hans, the printer is specified in the macro to assure all forms are printed to the same network printer. This helped us keep the printed form identical by removing the potential for any unique-to-a-printer formatting. To set the printer up I created a macro just to print out on the specified printer, then copied just that macro code into each macro or, used that form as a "template" for the next one.
    OK, you peeked my curiosity with an "add-in". Where can I find out what that is and how to make one ?

Thanks Hans.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Jan Karel Pieterse has an excellent series of articles about making macros available through an add-in: Creating An Add-in From An Excel Macro.