Lounger
    Thanks

Graph Goals (2003)

I need to create a chart in Excel that will have line graphs based on a reps dollar amount per months. Plus I need to be able to have someone enter a percentage of increase, and based on the percentage, create another line graph showing the goal on the fly. Can someone help me as to how I would do this in VBA.

Thanks,
    Chris

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Graph Goals (2003)

Could you provide a small example of what you want the result to be, with a clear explanation?

Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

Enclosed is an example of what I am looking for.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You mentioned a percentage of increase. I can't discover such a percentage in the example you posted. Could you please explain? Thank you.

Lounger
    Thanks

The user should be able to enter a percentage increase from 0 to 100 in an input box that will appear once the Goals command button is pressed.. Then with VBA create a graph line showing the percentage increase in dollar amount. In my example, series 2 graph line, would be the percentage increase in dollar amount. The increase will be from January until the last month showing on the chart. So for this month the graph will show January and February on the x line, and at the end of next month it will show January, February, and March on the x line, and so on. I hope this helps you.

Thank you for your help.
    Chris

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't think you need VBA for this, you can let the user enter the percentage in a cell, and the chart will be updated automatically. See attached version.