New Lounger
    Thanks

Active content when view web page on CD

I have transferred my web page onto a CD-R so I can hand it out to people. When you access it with a computer which has service pack 2 it comes up with "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer, Click here for options". As I have no real experience with code, is there a basic way of making it unrestricted????

Thanks

Re: Active content when view web page on CD

This prompt is caused by a setting on the user's PC. See How to configure Internet Explorer automatic download prompts on your Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer (last section) for where to change the setting. You could have your CD start with a simple page lacking active content that explains the issue. However, I don't think you can do anything to actually change it from the CD.

If your web page doesn't need to use any active content (scripts or ActiveX), then perhaps there is something you can delete from your page to get rid of the issue entirely. However, that's hard to assess without seeing the page.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Active content when view web page on CD

I agree with Jeff about having a start page without the ActiveX controls/scripts present in the index/home page. If someone provided me with a CD with info on it, I would get a bit miffed if I was told to change my settings on my PC to allow me to view your information. I imagine that your website is perfectly safe but you would have to reassure your clients that it is safe by either having a introduction page ( as Jeff suggests) or a "clean" page.

You state that you have no real experience, we would be quite happy to have a look at the front page of your site if you want..the offer is there.
    Jerry