Lounger
    Thanks

Form Required to View Message Cannot be Displayed

All of a sudden when I receive attachments they come in a different form. The attachments are .msg files and when I try to open them I get a message that sayd "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator" Can anyone help me figure this out. I cannot open any attachments and they are all coming in in this format.

I installed a Beta version of GroupWise 7.0 on my computer in order to learn it so I could teach a class on it next week. It seemed to mess things up so I restored my computer back to a date before installing it. this may have done something but should have gone back to its pre GroupWise installation. Any help you can give will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

By the way I saw a post (346,744) by BeverlyS that was similar but not exactly the same. No one answered her post of 2/24 that I could see.

Addendum: I just tried saving the attachment (*.msg file) to my desktop. When I double clicked on it, it opened. So, it seems I just can't open it in outlook. Any ideas why? thanks - Elaine

Thanks

Re: Form Required to View Message Cannot be Displa

I've never seen that: .MSG is Outlook's native format for Outlook message items, so certainly the program should be happy to work with them. Hmmm... not sure how to fix that. I thought there might be a quick start-up switch you could add to the Outlook command line to reset all of the file associations in the registry, but I didn't see one in this long list: Microsoft Office Assistance: Command-line switches for Outlook 2003. You could try the Detect and Repair option on the Help menu, but this can be quite time consuming. Make sure to save work and close documents across all Office applications before running it, if you choose to try it.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Form Required to View Message Cannot be Displa

thank you for your help. I thought I'd let you know that I finally found something on the Microsoft website knowledgebase. whatever happened when I installed Groupwise did not get reversed when I set my system back to the date prior to installing it. It said to delete the Frmcache.dat file then run detect and repair (as you suggested). It worked and everything seems fine again.

Again, many thanks! It is so nice to be able to come here for help.

Elaine