3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bcc to lots of people with one name in the To: box (2002)

I dont know if this is a well known trick, but I found it myself through trial and error. Sending an email to 200 people, with email addresses in the BCC box (for privacy), then in the To: box I put the generic name for the whole lot of them, then my own email in angle brackets after it. So it goes: "Lots of People" <myself@where.who> and sent the email. I expect each recipient to get an email addressed to "Lots of People" but have only her own email address included. Any comments or advice about this would be welcome

Thanks

Re: Bcc to lots of people with one name in the To:

It's certainly the 'established' way of doing it - a quick search in this forum should show being the recommended method for mass mailing if you don't have list-server software (which would produce multiple individually addressed emails).
    If the email is printed out by the recipient, it also has the advantage of not taking up the first page and a half with your mailing list!

One point to note is that it won't openly show the recipients name except in the header, so any rules that, for example, work on "Where my name is in the To: field", won't work.