2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tables for chart (Access 2000)

I want to build a chart for the movement of the blood pressue during the day for a month,s period.I want to use the Access chart.Does anybody have an idea how to build the tables for this curve? My idea is to have one table called BP where to get the bllod pressrue values.This table will consist of BPID,BPValue,and DayID, to be connected with another tables for the months.The table months should consist of Dayid.
    Am i on the right way,and does anybody has another suggestion for the selection of the tables for this purpose.
    For example :
    9 oclock 140
    11 oclock 160
    14 oclokc 180
    16 ocloc 135
    Also is there any ready made example for medical charts where i can get an idea?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tables for chart (Access 2000)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Do you have a particular reason for doing this in Access? In general, creating and modifying charts is easier in Excel.

If you want to do this in Access,: will you be collecting blood pressure data for only one patient, or for several patients in the same table?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for the quick reply.Well if you may call it a reason, the reason why i want it with success is that i know Access better than Excel.I need to construct the data for one patient only in the same table.The data should cover only one month not more.i am worried about the desing of the tables,how should i relate them depending on time.because measures might be taken at different times, and not only during doctor;s visitations.
    I am not ineterested in the weeks, only the day and the month.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'd say you need only one table with two fields:

BPDate: Date/Time; this is the primary key. Set its format to General Date, so that it can display date and time values, for example 04/03/2006 14:19
    BPValue: Number, Double Precision

If you want to chart blood pressure over the entire month, you can use the table itself as row source for a chart.
    If you want to chart how blood pressure changes in the course of a day (but with measurements spread out over many days), you can create a query that extracts the time part of BPDate, and use that as row source.
    If you need something else, please provide more detailed information.