Results 1 to 2 of 2
2006-03-04, 11:29 #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cross Checking Access Tables (Access 2003)
I have three tables, table A, table B, and table C. The conact id's from table A are used to identify the people in table B and table C. How do I get access to give me a list of everyone who is in table B, but not table C?
2006-03-04, 11:38 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Re: Cross Checking Access Tables (Access 2003)
Welcome to Woody's Lounge!
You can use the Find Unmatched Query Wizard for this:
- Activate the Queries section of the database window.
- Click the New button in the toolbar of the database window.
- Select Find Unmatched Query Wizard and click OK.
- In the first step of the wizard, select Table B, then click Next.
- In the second step, select Table B, then click Next.
- In the third step, specify the Contact ID field as field to join on (Access has probably already done so), then click Next.
- In the fourth step, specify which other fields from Table B you want to display, then click Next.
- In the last step, specify a name for the query (or accept the one proposed by Access), then click Finish.
If you want to display info from Table A for the contacts, create a new query based on Table A and the query you just created.
Join them on the Contact ID field.
Add the fields from Table A you want to display.