2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Stacked bar Charts (Access XP SP-3)

Working with the wizard is driving me crazy.

I'm attempting to add some simple stacked bar charts to a few reports based on a two column queries where the first column contains the data labels and the second column contains the values. I was able to create the chart in the first report by first selecting bar chart and then editing the chart and changing it to stacked. However, on the second report, I seem to be incapable of changing the chart from standard bar to stacked bar. There is an option somewhere which I'm over looking besides clicking on the stacked button. Appreciate any suggestions and insights.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Stacked bar Charts (Access XP SP-3)

Normally, you'd need three fields to create a stacked bar (or column) chart: one for the category labels, one for the series to be stacked, and one for the values.
    After creating the chart using the wizard, double click the chart to edit it, then select Chart | Chart Type...
    If that doesn't work, we'd need to know more about the report, or see a stripped down version of the database.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Stacked bar Charts (Access XP SP-3)

Hans,

Thanks for the response. I finally worked around the problem by cutting and pasting the chart that did work into the next report and just edited the query supporting the chart.