4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word2000 Mouse Problem (Word 2000)

I recently bought a new wheel mouse for my Windows98SE computer and installed the accompanying Intellipoint 4.1 software. It works well, particularly the autoscroll feature. However, I have also installed the software on a networked PC which has a Microsft Intellimouse 1.2A installed and the auto scroll feature is jerky and almost impossible to control at a slow speed. It jerks and then races through half a page at a time. Disabling the Intellipoint software by uninstalling it does nothing to help the situation. Any suggestions? The Intellipoint 4.1 software Wheel Troubleshooter is unable to help. This problem only occurs in Word 2000. The mouse works perfectly in Outlook Express, Windows Explorer, Excel. No problem on the original PC as it has Word 97. No problem with the mouse itself as I have swapped them between the two PCs, there is only a problem when using Word 2000. I have been through a Msoft tech page and have removed any unneccessary programs, done a clean boot, and reinstalled the software, all to no avail. Have also used the Detect and Repair facility in word2000.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word2000 Mouse Problem (Word 2000)

There doesn't seem to be a remedy for this problem in Word 2000. It has been corrected in Word 2002 (XP) and higher.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Are you saying this is a known bug in Word 2000? What do Microsoft have to say about it? Strange that the problem does not exist in Word 97.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't know what Microsoft says about it. If you do a newsgroup search for word 2000 autoscroll, you'll find that the problem is mentioned several times without a satisfactory solution.