New Lounger
    Thanks

Screen prints pasted into Word (Office 2003)

Unfortunately I have a constantly used program which doesn't allow printing of screens. Must use Print Screen, paste onto a Word document in order to print the screen. This worked fine in earlier versions of office/word, but in Word 2003, the image does not display unless I go to preview. How can I get it to just automatically display once I have copied it?
    These are not documents that will be saved, just printed to go check something stored elsewhere - shelved that is, not electronically stored! Usually I just use Doc 1, paste what I need, print it and then close or paste something new to print.

Thanks

Re: Screen prints pasted into Word (Office 2003)

In Word, Tools>Options>View tab. Is "Picture Placeholders" checked? If so, uncheck it.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Are you working in Normal view in Word? If Word is set to paste pictures as floating objects, they won't be visible in Normal view. See if switching to Print Layout mode helps. You could also specify that pictures should be pasted in line with the text, in the Edit tab of Tools | Options...
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Lounger
    Thanks

Picture Placeholders is already unchecked. I am working in Normal view, and on the Edit option, I have the Insert/paste pictures as In line with text.

Appreciate your response, and will keep trying.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

We had the same problem. Had to do with hardware acceleration of a particular video card. (I think I even found that answer here at Woody's).
    I was worse with screen shots, but also sometimes would not show other graphics.

You actually have to turn DOWN the hardware acceleration on the video card.
    pribb

edit: http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showthread...vc=1#Post529685 Here is the thread where we discussed it.