New Lounger
    Thanks

Sending ICS files from Outlook 2000 (Outlook 2000/2003)

The office I contract to still uses Win2K and Office 2k including Outlook to an exchange server. I am trying to right a rule which will forward all calendar appointments to my google mail. I then pull the gmail using a pop3 connection with Outlook 2003. I seem to be half way there. My Exchange rule is identifying just the meeting requests and forwarding them to my gmail account. However when I pull them down from gmail they appear to be embedded as a message attachment instead of a message with an ICS file. I am not sure what the preferred method would be but I was initially hoping that it would come thru as a standard meeting invite.

Given the complexities of cross-version calendaring I would be happy with anything that doesn't require retyping the appointment at the home office in Outlook 2003. It would also be a bad thing if I had to accept the appointment and it sent an accept the meeting back to the meeting owner.

Summary or desired activity
    Meeting invite received which starts a rule in Exchange to forward the invite as a message with the ICS file
    Message gets sent to gmail with an attached ICS file
    < < < time goes by here > > >
    Using Outlook 2003 as the client connect to gamil and pull all messages
    Click on the attached ICS file in outlook and have it entered to the calendar as an appointment

Thanks

Re: Sending ICS files from Outlook 2000 (Outlook 2

I'm using Outlook 2003, so I don't know... If you manually forward an appointment/request from Outlook 2000, does it make the format conversion you want?

Unfortunately, the Rules Wizard in Outlook 2000 had more limited facilities. In particular, I don't believe you could create your own actions with VBA (instead they had to be C or C++ programs).

New Lounger
    Thanks

No - using the rules wizard or manully forwading only seems to imbed the appointment in a message and if I try to drag and drop it on my 2003 calendar I get an error because it is seen as a message and not say an ICS or a vCAL attachment. Oddly I don't even get an option to accept it so it is utterly useless.

Still struggling with this one and I know most of the world has moved on so help is unlikely but I am holding out hope
    HR

Thanks

That reminds me of people who forward contacts but not as vCards: once they pass from the "home" Exchange environment, they don't seem to behave properly at all.

Unless the Rules Wizard gives access to an action like "forward as," which lets you specify the format, I think you might be out of luck.