3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Go away Track Changes! (Word 2003 SP1)

I've got a document that keeps tracking my changes, but I don't want it to. I've gone into Tools and Confirmed that Track Changes was OFF. I've confirmed that TC is also off on the Reviewing toolbar. Is there something on the Reviewing toolbar that trumps the Tools menu....cause it's still tracking my changes (and driving me crazy).

Satiria

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Go away Track Changes! (Word 2003 SP1)

Have you checked in Tools - Track Changes - Highlight Changes - that all 3 ticks are off?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hey Carolyn - I think that I know what you mean by "all three ticks"...as that used to appear in previous versions of Word. However, in 2003 when I choose Tools | Track Changes, I don't get the next little screen or submenu as I used to in XP. Instead, it opens the Reviewing toolbar. Where on there would I look? It's possible that one of the options in the Display for Review box is throwing me off.

Thanks

The place I'd look first to see if changes are being tracked is in the status bar where you should see TRK either greyed out or not as the case may be. You can turn tracking on and off just by double-clicking there.

Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Star Lounger
    Thanks

As Ian pointed out, the status bar is a dead giveaway in terms of tracking changes.

If you verify that changes are off (it is grayed out after you go through the menu) and see it come back on, then I'd be suspicious of any VBA code. It strikes me as horribly inefficient, but I imagine someone could have decided to insert code in a template or add-in that turns on Track Changes when you begin typing. After all, it should stop tracking changes when you turn it off.

Kevin Elmore