3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't Format Paint from one doc to another (Word 2003 SP1)

I'm full of questions today. I'm also having a problem where I can not Format Paint from one document to another. In Document 1 I turn on the Format Painter (by double-clicking the button), I go to Window (on the Menu bar) and choose Document 2, and the Format Painter cursor is no more. I also tried switching to Document 2 using the Task Bar, but got same results. I know that this worked in previous versions of Word. Heck, I'm 95% positive I've done this in Word 2003 on my home PC. Am I overlooking a setting or something that would turn this option off/on?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't Format Paint from one doc to another (Word 2003 SP1)

Yes, the Format Painter should work between documents as well as within one document. Perhaps there is VBA code that switches it off when you activate another document. Try Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post>.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't Format Paint from one doc to another (Word 2003 SP1)

Hans - thanks for reminding me about this article. It's very helpful and I tend to forget it exists.

Ran winword.exe with the /a switch and it worked fine. I'm HIGHLY suspect of the Adobe PDF Maker add-in (that installs/integrates itself in Word when you install Adobe Acrobat Standard/Professional) because the only common link in the few computers that are having this Word problem is that they all have Adobe Acrobat Professional installed.

Thanks again - Sat.