2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Creating beautiful switchboard as from aadcon... (

Hello guys,

ok you guys certainly know the beautiful switchboards from http://www.aadconsulting.com/swbds.html. 29$ is really NOT to expensive for them, BUT I am still looking for a free alternative (especially for the Vista Look-Alike). I love the idea that their switchboards are at full size and look like those Microsoft sideboards as in Word, Excel or any other app. I believe that they are a lot easier to use than any other interface since they RESCALE to any resolution.
    I am working on auto resizeable Forms etc since a long time now and I just can't find the perfect solution... really nasty [img]/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img] And I know that the database is used on computers using 800*600, 1024*768, 1280*800 etc... and this kind of switchboard would be a really nice start.

Please let me know if you know of anything helpful.

moon

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating beautiful switchboard as from aadcon... (2003)

From what I can see in the demo, they use a snapshot viewer control to display reports in the switchboard form itself, and resize the control in the On Resize event of the form. The switchboard form itself is maximized when it is opened, so Access will take care of resizing the form. See the attached demo for how to resize controls dynamically.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating beautiful switchboard as from aadcon.

so the "SideBar MS Access Switchboard" is ONE switchboard too or is it more?

Yeah I downloaded loads of things of how to resize dynamical forms, but the thing is that access puts them controls in a fixed place. So even tho the "background" nicely resizes, the controls stay at their old narrow places they were designed for.

I have an Access based application which I'm working with for my company and they accomplished that nicely - no matter what resolution, it all looks good. But hey, for 10 grand you can excpect that [img]/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

moon

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Wouldn't it be more efficient to pay $29.95 for one of aadconsulting's switchboards? Spending hours trying to do it yourself is much more expensive!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yeah you're right [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] All I was asking if somebody would know some other sites than that... Usually there is so much free stuff around but with Access that seems different.

Thanks anyways for your help.

moon
    PS: yeah and paying that money... i dont really know if it's worth it and if it REALLY is such a nice addition to the database