4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Lotus Notes newbie (No idea!)

The product i'm developing has always been aimed towards working with the complete MS Offlice package. However, we've had a request to make it work with Lotus Notes.

I've heard of Lotus Notes and the fact that it can connect to a server called Domino - thats where my knowledge ends unfortunately.

There seems to be a Lotus Notes with messaging and Lotus Notes with Collaboration, however, on the sites i've been looking at i'm struggling to find a description of the differences.

I'm after a stand alone version of Lotus notes that I can install and get my VB app to pass mail to in the same way it currently does with Outlook (the same code successfully passes to Express and full Outlook (both stand alone and connected to an Exchange server)).

Any help or nudges in the right direction would be great thanks.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lotus Notes newbie (No idea!)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by skitterbug on 10-Mar-06 10:15. Added a ps to my note.)</P>I wonder if this page might help define what Lotus Notes is? At first the author seems pretty simplistic but the different links in his presentation seem to cover quite a lot. Maybe it is a start?

ps: Here's another that looks interesting.

"Peace begins with a smile. "-- Mother Teresa

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Skitterbug - thats a start:
    Lotus Notes is available in two offerings: Lotus Notes for Messaging (access to messaging functions) and Lotus Notes for Collaboration (both messaging and applications). An integral part of of the IBM

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Phil,

We use Notes here at work, but I'm certainly not a delevoper. I know of a http://notes.net site they use, and trial downloads are available via a download link on the left column or in this link.
    Christopher Baldrey