Thread: It's ALIVE

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: It's ALIVE

Hi

Could be a dodgy cable between the CD drive and the motherboard picking up magnetic interference from the various fans and magnets in your PC. Have a fiddle with the cable between your drive and the motherboard..... a replacement cable is very cheap and most good PC retailers will have them in stock
    Jerry

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: It's ALIVE

Jerry,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have plenty of sound cables on the shelf. I'll look for a good one......maybe even put a shield around one to see if that helps. Good idea~!

BH

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It's ALIVE

Exclamation marks removed from subject by HansV because they caused the browser to crash for some Loungers.

I've noticed something really weird on my system since doing an upgrade to XP Home. This is a Gigabyte motherboard system with integrated sound.

If I have the sound volume turned up pretty high I can hear a quiet rumble out of the speakers when the hard drive is working or when I move the mouse over links on the screen in Netscape. Not my imagination....definitely there. There is also a faint ........get this.......heart beat......being generated through the speakers. I'll accept the thing probably isn't alive, so the "heart beat" is more likely some clock or timer generated signal.

However, if I MUTE the CD drive in the sound control window (not in CONTROL PANEL but rather the sound panel you get by double cliking on the speaker icon down by the clock), the rumble goes away.

Ever notice anything like this?

Thanks,
    BH