Lounger
    Thanks

'Phantom' Autonew macro - how to stop this (Word 2003)

The attached zip file has a word template included. When I create a new document based on this template, I get a Microsoft Office dialog box popping up with an OK and Cancel button. I for the life of me cannot figure out where this is coming from and how to stop it. I have cleaned out all startup templates from my copy of word 2003 and it still continues to pop up when I base a new document on this template. There does not appear to be any macros in this attached template.

This strange behaviour occurs on other staff machines - it is not just a function of my copy of word 2003.

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this?

I have scanned this file for viruses - nothing.

I would be interested if anyone would take the few minutes to unzip this file and try creating a new document based on this template and see what happens.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Re: 'Phantom' Autonew macro - how to stop this (Wo

The attached template contains a macro named DeleteFootNotes(), but it does not start by itself. If you press Alt+F9 and then do a find for ^d (that's the code for field codes), you eventually find the culprit:

{ fillin "" d "" }

Select that and press F9 and you'll see the not-so-useful dialog that Word displays when it opens/creates the document.

Edit: Actually, there are three FILLIN fields. All really should have an explanatory prompt describing the information desired.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'Phantom' Autonew macro - how to stop this (Wo

Thanks again - I read a similar post by Cindy Meister on these phantom fillin fileds. I have located these fields and dealt with them!

Much appreciated!