New Lounger
    Thanks

Inserted document in mail attachment (Word 2000)

Subject edited by HansV to aid in future searches - "Word" was not very specific

I want to send a document from Word using File>Mail Recipient. My problem is I want to insert another document inside the document I am sending. Let me explain. I have a document and at the top of the document, I am going to type, click here for a printer friendly version. I insert the file by going to Insert>Object and I insert a Word document displayed as an icon. When I send my document using Mail Recipient, I am unable to open the Word document that I inserted as an object. Is this even possible to do???

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inserted document in mail attachment (Word 2000)

It'll work if you select File | Send To | Mail Recipient (as attachment) instead of File | Send To | Mail Recipient.

But why don't you create an e-mail with two attachments: the "normal" version and the "printer-friendly" version of the document?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I am trying to get around sending an attachment. I would normally insert the document as a link, but we just wanted to see if it would work the other way.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't think it'll work if you send the document in the body of the e-mail.