New Lounger
    Thanks

Imbedded Rights (Office2000Pro/Windows 2000Pro)

I am both user and administrator. Today, I have been locked out of explorer imbedded files and I have not changed any settings. error message is: this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I have tried to fiugre this out, tried Microsoft help, checked my NIS settings and now seek help. I am the system owner, administrator, and user. What do I do to fix?
    thanks
    Darryl

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Imbedded Rights (Office2000Pro/Windows 2000Pro)

Can you explain where this problem occurs? At first sight it does not seem to be an Outlook problem.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans, and thanks for the reply; as example, the lounge email that was sent to me; witness that I could not click on the imbedded link to respond due to the error message. Obviously, a security setting has been changed, but the worrying thing is that I have not changed it. In essence, I cannot open any imbedded file, attachment, or url link from within Outlook email.. Up until yesterday, I could of course do so. I wonder whether this has exposed an issue with the latest security patch that I downloaded from Microsoft....yesterday!
    cheers
    Darryl

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks

Re: Imbedded Rights (Office2000Pro/Windows 2000Pro

For reference, info on the update for Office: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-012: Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Could Allow Remote Code Execution (905413)

The article says that Service Pack 3 for Office 2000 was required prior to the update; not sure whether that could have any significance for your set-up. This update also replaces various earlier patches, so there is some possibility of a code mix-up if your environment didn't match Microsoft's test environments.

I think we will need to wait for more reports (or check the MS support newsgroups) before we can figure out what's going on. In the meantime, you could check the Policy keys and see whether anything jumps out at you:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwarePolicies
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPolicies

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks guys; the email from Hans fixed the problem. The only problem I have now is understanding why this occurred, or maybe it's just another example of M'Soft "issues"
    regards and most appreciated
    Darryl