Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Add-Ins (VBA/Word/2000 & 2003)

After launching Word, the command Application.AddIns.Count provides the correct value. If I then add a template to the Startup folder, the same command does not recognize the additional file until after I have gone to Word a pulled down Tools | Templates and Add-Ins

Similarly, after uninstalling an add-in with code, I cannot delete the file until I go to Word and open the Templates and Add-Ins window.

Does anyone know of a method to cause Word to recognize the change of Add-In status without manual intervention?

T.I.A.
    Regards
    Don

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks

Re: Add-Ins (VBA/Word/2000 & 2003)

You can "flash" a built-in dialog using .Display following by a small number of millseconds. However, I'm not sure that will work in this case. I have one macro where I display the "FileTemplates" dialog, and the global add-ins area is not populated. (I've never tried to figure out whether there is another dialog I need to call...)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the thought Jefferson. Didn't work though. I'm still open to any suggestions.
    Regards
    Don

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Rather than .Display, can you try .Execute? Does that make a difference?
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the support Andrew.

I did try Execute, and all of the other options open to me along those lines--without success. I subsequently changed my approach so that I took the information from the collection of files in the Startup folder.

Grandma always said, "If you want to kill a cat; It's unnecessary to bore it to death."
    Regards
    Don