Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Flip to Plain Text (Outlook 2003)

I just observed a very strange phenomenon while creating an email message. I paused for a few seconds while entering text into a new message. While I was looking at the message all of the text suddenly flipped over to Plain Text (whereas my default is html). I hadn't pressed a key or clicked the mouse -- it just did this all on its own! Needless to say, I was quite shocked. Has anyone ever had this happen before? Any ideas as to what would cause this? I'm completely baffled.

Thanks

Re: Flip to Plain Text (Outlook 2003)

With OL2002 I've had similar quirkiness - usually on replies where I (for example) deselect requesting a read receipt - and the appearance has changed. It happens so infrequently though that I haven't let it bother me.
    I have an idea that it doesn't change to Plain text format - simply plays around with the font as it appears on the screen. Are you finding it does change the format?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Flip to Plain Text (Outlook 2003)

Hi Lief,
    I agree that such an infrequent happening is not worth worrying about -- I was just curious. In my case it definitely switched to Plain Text. I had to go the options menu and switch it back to html. So, for the moment, it simply remains a curiosity.