3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Autoshape hell (2000sp4)

I'm having tremendous difficulty getting autoshapes to behave. At present all I'm trying to do is place small boxes in line with text to emulate the check boxes on a report (have to do in word as part of thesis - can't just print out from access, and access publishing of report to word misses out control borders). The option to keep the shape in line with text is always greyed out when I try to format the shape. Sometimes they behave without it, but other times they do not -mysteriously throwing tabs out, or causing whole blocks of text to disappear, even though the shape itself is tiny.

Is there any way around this? Suggestions as to how I can create check box lookalikes would also be welcome, but the activeX check box control does NOT do the trick, but I'd also like to understand what causes this bizarre behaviour with the autoshapes, and what I can do about it.

Thanks very much.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Autoshape hell (2000sp4)

You can use Insert | Symbol to insert characters from the Wingdings font. This font is available on all Windows PCs, so it should work everywhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (2.2 KB, 0 views)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans,

I was a bit lost as most of the "boxes" in the symbol fonts didn't print. I shall use these.

Can you, or anyone else, shed any light on the bizarre tab disruption and disappearing text phenomena?

Cheers

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I cannot explain that behavior. Perhaps corruption in the document?