rlosey

Security patch (Office 2000-sr1a)

I purchased Office 2000 recently and updated to SR-1 at Woody's recommendation. I had to download SR1 from Microsoft.

However, when I try to apply the RTF security path mentioned lately, it fails, looking for I guess the SR-1 package it downloaded into a temporary directory.

It gives it a very long name in curly brackets. HELP! I would like to install the security update.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Security patch (Office 2000-sr1a)

When you say it fails, what exactly do you mean? Does it give you an error message, and if so, what does it say?
    Charlotte

Super Moderator
    Thanks

You stated "I purchased Office 2000 recently", you might find out that it may already contain SR1 and maybe even SR2, depending on when it was packaged. Chec the 'About" in any of the Office app's and it should tell you if it conatains these SR's.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I don't believe SP2 will ever be included in a package (office 2000 is no longer being made into cd's) but SR1 has been in the retail packages for close ot a year.

rlosey

Re: Security patch (Office 2000-sr1a)-MULTI-Re: Security patch (Office 200

Charlotte, when I start the patch, the Windows installer says "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." (I do not have a network), but the sr1 patch was downloaded and installed from Microsoft). It then says "Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package {0DCOF....} (very long sequence of hex digits in curly brackets). The "default" place it is trying to look is in an "sr1patch" directory in the TEMP folder, which I no longer have, as I keep the TEMP folder clean.

rlosey

Re: Security patch (Office 2000-sr1a)-MULTI-Re: Security patch (Office 200

Believe me, I checked before I downloaded the very large SR1 patch from Microsoft -- even though I purchased Office 2000 in March or so, it did not have the patch.