New Lounger
    Thanks

Excel Security (2003)

I received an email from a user about setting up a shared Excel file. I've done all that...but her question went into something with Excel I had not ventured into. She wants to limit the tabs a user can view when in the file...different tabs for different users. My initial reaction was to build an Access database and create a form per user and go through security there...I wasn't sure if Excel could do what she wants. I have told her I am researching what she wants to do...any advice? Is this doable and if so, how???? I am not well versed in VBA, so if the solution lies there, I may need some help there [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] I am learning it, but know enough to be really dangerous!! Thank you!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel Security (2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

I am not a fan of shared workbooks. It is not really implemented well, and can easily lead to workbook corruption. And the problem with a VBA solution is that it falls flat if the user disables macros. I agree with you that an Access database with user-level security would be a much better solution.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel Security (2003)

Thanks a lot, Hans. I appreciate your feedback. Hope you have a terrific day!!!

Take care!
    Kate