Lounger
    Thanks

Win Server 2003 & Excel 2003 Errors

Hi,

I have a suite of Excel 2003 spreadsheets that run on a Windows 2003 server in a Terminal Services environment. I have recently made some changes to the VBA in the spreadsheets (nothing major) and now it doesn't work when run on the server, but yet it works fine on my laptop (Win XP & Excel 2003)?

The main spreadsheet opens underlying spreadsheets, copies data into them and then copies the "answers" from them back into the main spreadsheet. So there is a lot of copy and paste to clipboard going on.

I get various VBA errors (which I think are spurious?) eg Runtime error 1004, automation process failed, data truncated...to clipboard etc (those are the main ones that I can remember, but they vary...i.e. not consitantly the same message).

Does anyone have any clue what could posssibly cause this? Is it a Win 2003 v Win XP issue maybe?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Win Server 2003 & Excel 2003 Errors

Have you checked any of the results from Search The Knowledge Base - error 1004? Also, what service pack level for Excel & Win2k3?

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Win Server 2003 & Excel 2003 Errors

Just looking at the knowledge base, not sure if they are relevant or not.

The server is running Windows 2003 SP1, my laptop is running Windows XP SP2.