Thanks

Worksheets & Workbooks (MSO 03)

I have 4 workbooks that contain 3 worksheets each. The workbooks are "saved as" for example Company 1, Company 2, Company 3, Company 4.
    The worksheets in each workbook are the same. For example Product 1, Product 2, and Product 3. Because these are sales forecasts, I want to take the individual sheets from the individual workbooks, and tally them into another workbook for each product. What I thought about doing was to re-name the individual product sheets, to Product 1 - Company 1 etc. then copy the individual sheets to the appropriate Product tally sheet that I could then submit to the product manufacture, sans the company name that submitted the forecast. I am really open to suggestions here.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks

Re: Worksheets & Workbooks (MSO 03)

If I understand your setup, i would combine all the sheets and books into 1 workbook. To differentiate you could add additional columns, 1 for the workkbook and for the sheet name.

Once you have this large database, there are many builtin features to summarize and work with them (autofilter with/without subtotals, advanced filter, pivot tables, etc)

Steve

Thanks

Re: Worksheets & Workbooks (MSO 03)

That is certainly an idea. I will look into that.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)