5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

First time trying to connect home network

I purchased a DLink wireless router a few months back, and after many futile attempts to connect my 3 devices together, gave up. I have my cable modem connected directly to the router, my XBox 360 hard wired, my Vaio desktop hard wired, and my Averatec laptop wireless. I'd like to be able to connect them, but have no idea how. I tried the network connection wizard; that was about as useless as (insert any good-ole boy statement here about useless things). So if anyone can point me in a good direction or give me a good start point, I'd appreciate it. I don't consider myself technically illiterate but the "instructions" given by DLink were jibberish. I'm going to install Windows Media Center on the Vaio to accomodate connecting it to the XBox (the least of my concerns however).

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: First time trying to connect home network

See <post:=564,738>post 564,738</post:> for links on networking.

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: First time trying to connect home network

Thanks Joe.
    "If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, then you will be hacked. What&#39;s more, you deserve to be hacked." -Richard Clarke