3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

SaveAs emf (2002 SP3)

Hi y'all,
    I have developed a PP that allows me to enter a time and it will display the hands of a clock face at the correct time. I wish to use it to make work sheets to teach children the time.

I want to save the particular page that I am on as an emf file named as the time (e.g. 18-30.emf).

I can do this manually when I get a dialog up that asks if I wish to save only the current slide and it'll write the file OK.

However, when I try automating it using VBA, it always creates a directory with the name and puts a slide called Slide1.EMF

Any ideas how I can convince PP that I want the slide with that name and not the directory?

Also, if there are multiple slides, how I can tell it that I only want it to save the current one?

TIA
    Regards
    Paul

Thanks

Re: SaveAs emf (2002 SP3)

What is your code to save the slide? If you set an object reference to the slide you want to save, something like this should give you a lot of flexibility:

mySlide.Export "c:somefolder18-30.emf", "emf", 800, 600

Check out the help for the Export method for more info on the parameters.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for that.

I can't seem to see any difference when I change the scale factors. I tried changing them from 800, 600 to 8, 6 and the output file still appeard to be exactly the same.

What difference should I expect to see?

Thanks

I always thought those values were pixels, so if you get the same file for 8 and 800, then I don't understand what the function is doing. But I tend to export to PNG format, which is a bitmap. If "emf" is a "mixed" or OLE-based format like "wmf," then it may well behave quite differently.