2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ascending order (Access 2000)

When i make a new table, sometimes,but not always, the products are not sorted in an ascending order, i do now know why but it happens.My commmand with which i make the table is the folowing
    Private Sub Command6_Click()
    Dim strProducts As String
    strProducts = " SELECT products.Productid, products.branch0 , products.items0 INTO ProductsTemp FROM products"
    CurrentDb.Execute strProducts
    End Sub
    I am applying an attachement.In this atachement the command has made a table where the last product is number 467. There are however also products number 471,472 and 473 but they are placed somehow higher u in the table, not below 467.What could i add on in my command so that to avoid such cases and the products be arranged in their ascending order ?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ascending order (Access 2000)

Records in an Access table do not have an intrinsic sort order, and it isn't really important anyway - you can sort them the way you want in a query. For some purposes, you may want to sort them on ProductID, for others on Branch0 or on Items0.

If you want a default sort order in the table, you must set a primary key. A make-table query (SELECT ... INTO ...) does not create a primary key, so it would be better to create a table ProductsTemp with the correct structure, including a primary key on ProductID, and append the records to this table:

' Delete all existing records
    strProducts = "DELETE * FROM ProductsTemp"
    ' Append new records
    strProducts = "INSERT INTO ProductsTemp (ProductID, Branch0, Items0) SELECT ProductID, Branch0, Items0 FROM Products"

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Ascending order (Access 2000)

Thank you. It is clear to me now and you helped me a lot

Peljo