2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Compile Error: Can't Find Project or Library (Access 2000)

I have an interesting problem. I can run the database from my local machine. My boss gets the following message: Compile Error: Can't Find Project or Library. As per the MS Knowledge Base (and everywhere else on the net), I'm supposed to go to References and un-check those that say "MISSING". But when I get there, "References" on the Tools menu is greyed out, so I can't find which references are missing.

When we run an older version of the DB on my boss' computer, which we know works, we can get to his references list which shows that he has all the references I do, except for VIDTC1. I don't know if that is the problem because I un-checked that reference in my list to see if I could reproduce the error, and the DB still worked fine.

How can I find out which references are missing on his computer for the new version of the DB for which we get the error message?
    and/or
    How can I find out which references the code is looking for?

Thanks,

JoeK

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Compile Error: Can't Find Project or Library (Access 2000)

Make sure that code execution is not paused when you try to inspect Tools | References...
    If you see [Break] in the title bar of the Visual Basic Editor, select Run | Reset or click the Reset (Stop) button on the toolbar.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Compile Error: Can't Find Project or Library (

Hans,

Thanks. I didn't see that. Problem is solved. For some reason the code was referencing a DLL that my boss didn't have on his machine but that I did. We got it working now.

JoeK