4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Group Mailing Not Working...DogGoneIt! (6)

From the Outlook Express help files:

"You can send a message to a group of people by creating a mailing group (or "alias") containing their names. Then, you just type the group name in the To box when you send messages."

Well...what a bunch of BS that is !!!

I tried exactly that; & when I attempted to send the message, I got a stupid "Check Names" message that read: "Several matches were found in your address book...please select who you mean by 'DRC'" (which was the name of my created group.)

What's goin' on with this...they give you directions & then they don't work ?*?*?

Can someone please tell me how to send one lousy message to a group of people without problems popping up?

Thanks very much,

mark4man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012

Thanks

Re: Group Mailing Not Working...DogGoneIt! (6)

Did OE show you multiple names that contain DRC somewhere in them? If so, the name of the list is "ambiguous" and this may happen again. If not, then the error message doesn't make any sense.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Group Mailing Not Working...DogGoneIt! (6)

Jeff...

Turned out to be my fault. When I initially created the group, I guess I didn't follow thru all the way & hit apply or OK or something (which...I could have swore I did, but...) Anyway, I created the group again; & now it appears in my main identities for selection.

Thanks; & sorry for the false alarm,

mark4man
    ADK Pro Audio Quad Pro, w/ Intel Core i7 2600 CPU | 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM | Seagate 500 GB SATA II (Primary) HD | Seagate 1 TB SATA II (Audio Data) HD | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Lynx Aurora8 ~ AES16 | Universal Audio UAD-1 | Cakewalk SONAR PE XI | Steinberg WaveLab 7 | NI Komplete 5 | Band-In-A-Box 2012