Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Excel Toolbar file (Excel97SE)

For very convoluted reasons I had to reinstall Office97. I made a back-up copy of my *.xlb file so I could save my highly self-configured Excel toolbar.

OK, this is a really dumb question. Where do I put this *.xlb file for it to reinstate my toolbar?

It took three weeks (really long story) to reinstall Office correctly and I don't even remember where the *.xlb file came from -- but I know it is important! Thanks!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel Toolbar file (Excel97SE)

Mine is in my C:Windows directory. I have also found that when I replace it with one I have copied from another machine, I have to open it by double clicking on it one time before it will take affect.
    Legare Coleman

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The default is to start from the Yourname8.xlb (for XL97) file in Windows, but you can put alternative .xlb files anywhere (if you move one to xlstart it will run next time you start XL). You can open any .xlb file using File/Open in the normal way and it will run and alter your toolbars etc. When you shut down XL whatever .xlb is being used at that time will be saved in the Windows directory as Yourname8.xlb (in XL97), overwriting the existing Yourname8.xlb file. So always save copies under different names if you want to use several toolbars.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. I just forgot where I got it from -- since it took FOREVER to get my Office97 re-installed correctly!! I appreciate the responses.