4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can not view web pages (6)

I am having problems viewing webpages in IE 6, error , no page to display. I use a routert to connect to the internet and I have 2 PC connected to the router. one them is fine i can see wbepages etc but on the other PC i cannot view webpages but i can send and receive emails using outlook 2003. I have done the following but still cannot view webpages

1. disabled the McAffe Firewall plus + MAffe Sceurity Center.
    2. Did a selective startup for windows - disabled all the programs.
    4. Reset IE settings to default.
    5.Checked LAN settings and made sure than no proxy settings are selected and that Automaticcaly detect settings is checked.
    6. Run a test through cmd: ping www.demon.net 80 (tested port 80 the following error comes up) could not open the connection to the host on port 80 connection failed.

Any help much appreciated.

Skender

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can not view web pages (6)

Does anyone know how to unblock port 80:?

thanks,

Skender

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Are you sure that you don't have any settings on the router that favour one PC over the other (such as port forwarding)? What happens if you disconnect the router and put a direct connection to the internet through the problem PC? HTH
    Gre

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I checked the router settings everything is OK, I spoke to my internet provider we did some tests and found out that port 80 is disbaled/blocked, they accessed the router from their end and confirmed that both PC's are connected to the router. I need to find out how to unblock port 80, did a search on google no luck.

Thanks,

Skender

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

If you connect the problem PC directly to the internet and your can browse, then it is being blocked by your router. If not, then it is being blocked by the PC itself. In other words, the purpose of the test I was suggesting was to determine where the blocking is taking place. If your are worried about connecting the PC directly to the internet for a small period of time, then perhaps you could choose either your personal on-line home page (if your have one) or the Lounge. One test page should be quite enough, then you can reconnect through the router. HTH
    Gre