Star Lounger
    Thanks

searching multiple fields (2003)

I have my tables and an entry form set up and although I'm not sure I did it the best way, it's exactly what I want in the form. Now what I need to do is be able to look at the 3 fields in the subforms and look up a certain name - if that name is in any of those three fields, I need to see that record, with all the names for each field in that record listed. Well, I don't think I can do it in this form and I tried to make a query and a report but couldn't get it to work. Can anyone head me in the right direction? Thanks.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: searching multiple fields (2003)

My attachment didn't go the first time.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

See if the frmSearch form in the attached version does what you want. The code behind the combo box is very simple. Take a look at the design of the queries I created.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    Maybe what I want just isn't possible. If you look at my original form called frmCompRequirements, that's how I want the form to look after I search for a certain name, and I need that search to look in all three fields, three different tables, just the way you had the search set up in your form. So I want to look for a certain name in any of the three fields, but then when I find those records, I want to see the complete record with all the names listed in those three bottom fields. The form you made me is great and I like the search field, but I just want to add those three fields with the names listed (Resp-Subm Name, Mgmt Names, Others-Notify Names). I hope this makes sense.
    Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

OK, tyry this version. I added the combo box to frmCompRequirements, and modified the After Update code.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans
    This is exactly what I needed! I've looked over what you did and tried to make sense of it. I've never done a union query and was trying to read and learn more about them. This is the kind of stuff I wish I knew more about.
    Thank you very much for doing this.